PDA

View Full Version : Which printer do you have

childminder54
17-04-2012, 10:04 PM
And what do you think about it. Need to decide which one to buy. As there are so many on the market

appleblossom
17-04-2012, 10:28 PM
For photos I use a Canon Pixma ip2500 inkjet printer. For monochrome printing (everything other than photos) I have a Canon LBP3010 laser printer.

I really like them both. The laser printer is very economical to run. I print all my paperwork including policies, contracts, permission forms, observations and assessments, etc on it. I've only replaced the cartridge once in 5 years.

The inkjet printer positively glugs ink, which is why I only use it for photographs. However I think all colour printers use loads of ink and mine is no worse than others. I does print lovely photos however, and it's easier than ordering prints from retailers.

PixiePetal
17-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I have a Lexmark X4580 - a few years old now

don't buy it! I can only get ink (2 & 3) from PC world or if I am lucky Amazon - can't get cheaper replacements. Costs about £45 to replace inks :rolleyes:

when it dies I will do more research :thumbsup:

adele1985
18-04-2012, 07:38 AM
i have a kodak vio c15 (think thats what its called lol) its a printer, copyer and scanner

i love it - the ink is really cheap cost me about £20 to replace both inks and they last for ever - prins good pictures too :)

EmmaReed84
18-04-2012, 07:49 AM
I have a Kodak, can't remember the make exactly lol. The ink is erally cheap about £16 for both colour and black from argos. I probably replace my ink every 4-5 months so really does last as well, but I guess that depends on what you print, and how much.

Graham
18-04-2012, 08:02 AM
We've got THIS ONE (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001A4YR4A/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=childminding-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B001A4YR4A) its a reasonable price and will scan and copy.

We get our ink cartridges from www.foxyinks.com really cheap around £5 for a full set.

loocyloo
18-04-2012, 08:09 AM
i've got a kodak ESP5250

i really like it, it prints well, scans and copies. i can put glossy photo paper in to print photos out on, and i think ( but have never tried! ) that you can just put the memory card from the camera straight into the printer to print out photos.

the ink is cheap, which is just as well as i use loads! also when the ink is running out, it just stops, rather than the ink getting paler and paler!

kel1983
18-04-2012, 08:20 AM
i've got a kodak ESP5250

i really like it, it prints well, scans and copies. i can put glossy photo paper in to print photos out on, and i think ( but have never tried! ) that you can just put the memory card from the camera straight into the printer to print out photos.

the ink is cheap, which is just as well as i use loads! also when the ink is running out, it just stops, rather than the ink getting paler and paler!

I have this one too. Its wireless so no need to have the ptinter next to my laptop. Bought it as the ink cartridges are cheap to replace.

EmmaReed84
18-04-2012, 09:24 AM
i've got a kodak ESP5250

That's the one I've got lol.