PDA

View Full Version : marriage gifts from mindees

Helen Dempster
17-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi all

I have two sets of mindees parents who are getting married this year! I was just wondering what sort of gift to buy, or just get the little ones to make something special?

Any ideas from anyone whose 'been there, done that'?

kindredspirits
17-04-2012, 05:21 PM
i bought a large heart shaped box from hobbycraft and got mindee to paint it. then got her to stick letter stickers on saying the parents names and their wedding date!:thumbsup:

HomefromHome
17-04-2012, 05:24 PM
If you're invited to any part then a small gift, but if not just a card will do. (IMO!!!):)

blue bear
17-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I paid towards the cake, another mindee mum was making it.

Helen Dempster
17-04-2012, 05:39 PM
I paid towards tge cane, another mindee mum was making it.

I'm kind of hoping you meant cake....? :laughing:

QualityCare
17-04-2012, 05:41 PM
mindee made something for the parents, as we were invited to the wedding we took a gift but had we not have been l would have sent a card. I was always told that if you are invited to the celebration and whether you could or could not attend you sent/gave a gift otherwise a card is was sufficient.

samb
17-04-2012, 06:27 PM
So glad this has come up as I have a set of parents who are getting married this year too! (Although I keep asking for dates as they have told me I might not be having the boys for 3 weeks and I still don't know when it is! Originally she said June but think that might be as near as she will let on?!)