PDA

View Full Version : Happyland Olympics Set

miss mopple
17-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Have you seen it? Ive just ordered- it looks great and has paralympics too :clapping:

Got the jubilee set too- oh I do love a bit of happyland :D

miffy
17-04-2012, 04:44 PM
So far I've only bought the sports people.

Might have another look though

Miffy xx

ajs
17-04-2012, 04:47 PM
I've just bought the Olympians and the jubilee set to put away, still got the royal wedding set in the box untouched by human child.

miffy
17-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I've just bought the Olympians and the jubilee set to put away, still got the royal wedding set in the box untouched by human child.

Are they the antiques of the future then?

Miffy xx

ajs
17-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Are they the antiques of the future then?

Miffy xx

I just can't bring my self to open them, then they are just another happy land set in the basket of all the other happy land stuff

jumping j
17-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I got mine when our local ELC was closing down so I got 20% off, think I like it more than the lo's though:laughing::laughing:

kellib
17-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I've seen it but so far resisted, I think I'll get it once I come back my holidays in June. I still haven't used my 10% discount card in ELC yet, it would be rude not to! :laughing:

jumpinjen
17-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Debenhams have got them in their on line blue cross sale for 20 % off at the moment - have you noticed that the track set has a podium with three wheelchair users on it but no idea of how they hopped their racing chairs up their? Not very accessible me thinks!!

Jen x

miss mopple
17-04-2012, 07:22 PM
trust you to notice that Jen :laughing:

Just been up the shed to get my big bag of happyland out for tomorrow and have found evidence of mice playing in it :eek: Not impressed that the little policeman didn't evict them!!

All disinfected now and safely back in the warmth of my play room. Won't make that mistake again!

sdean
17-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Debenhams have got them in their on line blue cross sale for 20 % off at the moment - have you noticed that the track set has a podium with three wheelchair users on it but no idea of how they hopped their racing chairs up their? Not very accessible me thinks!!

Jen x

the back of the podium is ramps - I thought the same before i got it out of the box. I have it and the kids love it!

Winnie
17-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I have it :) and i'm saving it or the right moment :o
BTW the track is cardboard...just thought i'd mention that because i was :( when i realised- after buying it.

jumpinjen
17-04-2012, 10:23 PM
trust you to notice that Jen :laughing:

Just been up the shed to get my big bag of happyland out for tomorrow and have found evidence of mice playing in it :eek: Not impressed that the little policeman didn't evict them!!

All disinfected now and safely back in the warmth of my play room. Won't make that mistake again!

:ROFL1: - try a sturdy box next time!!

jumpinjen
17-04-2012, 10:24 PM
the back of the podium is ramps - I thought the same before i got it out of the box. I have it and the kids love it!

Ah - they did think of everything - very good, thank you!!

They are both nice sets - am umming and ahhing now!!

jen x

miss mopple
20-04-2012, 08:19 PM
mine arrived yesterday and although there isnt a massive amount in the set my girls have played with them constantly:thumbsup: My eldest daughter is almost 13 but isn't too grown up to play with happyland :laughing:

Mouse
20-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I've decided against getting the Olympic set as my mindees are too young to appreciate it and I can't justify the expense just for me to play with it :laughing:

I have bought the people set though & the Queen's jubilee set :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
20-04-2012, 09:12 PM
My Olympic set arrived this morning. It was reduced from £20 down to £16. Im going to save it till nearer the time.
I had a look at the Jubilee set but i can use my Royal Wedding set and my London set instead, the only thing missing would be the cake.

Demonjill
20-04-2012, 09:12 PM
i seen this - is the track jigsaw like? Thought hurdles looked fab fun and wheelchairs is fab to be included.

i love happyland and get it out sometimes but hardly any mindees touch it - too young or too old me thinks - cant wait for my LO to get bit bigger:thumbsup:

kellib
20-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I was in our ELC today and the Olympic set had 20% off, well all Happyland stuff did, I was tempted but still want to wait until after my holiday! hopefully ELC will still be open then! :eek:

Demonjill
20-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I've decided against getting the Olympic set as my mindees are too young to appreciate it and I can't justify the expense just for me to play with it :laughing:

awwwww Mouse - YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT :laughing::laughing:

kellib
20-04-2012, 09:15 PM

But you can use it every 4 years :laughing:

kel1983
21-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Happyland is reduced at the moment in our ELC. Did look at the olympics set but the little ones would prob not appreciate it like we do :laughing:

I did however buy the funfair set for £30 reduced from £60. Its a lovely set. Was tempted to buy more but did resist.

lulubelle
21-04-2012, 09:48 AM
we got the olympic set and the sports people, i have also got the pig wheel and london set my sons 2nd birthday next month!

jumping j
21-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I did however buy the funfair set for £30 reduced from £60. Its a lovely set. Was tempted to buy more but did resist.

I got this about 6 months ago in the sale and it's by far the most played with set