PDA

View Full Version : Question on Safeguarding

Cammie Doodle
17-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Can anyone tell me what the legal requirement is on Safeguarding?ie How often does this need to be refreshed ?
Thanks in advance
June

marnieb
17-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Every 3 years I think?? Might be wrong but it sounds right!

rickysmiths
17-04-2012, 03:52 PM
There is currently no legal requirement to even do the training, though having said that some areas do require it when you register. It is good practice to refresh at least every 3 years.

In the new EYFS it would seem that it will be a requirement for all newly registering cms to do it but it doesn't say if or how often to renew :rolleyes:

miffy
17-04-2012, 04:46 PM
In the new EYFS it would seem that it will be a requirement for all newly registering cms to do it but it doesn't say if or how often to renew :rolleyes:

I don't think it's just newly registering childminders, it applies to all childminders but you're right it doesn't say how often it must be renewed.

Miffy xx

sarah707
17-04-2012, 04:59 PM
No requirement in the Eyfs as Ricky says.

Some authorities make it a requirement of accreditation and make up the rules as they go along :rolleyes:

Cammie Doodle
17-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks for that girls, Carolyn and I went completly blank earlier when we were going through what courses we were planning on attending in the near future, The only Safeguarding course available to us at present is on our busiest day when we have 3 lo's each,our problem with this is A, we cant afford to lose the income and B, we would be letting 6 parents down.
We last did a course 2009 and thought it was every 3 years but could not find it written anywhere.

pinky33
18-04-2012, 08:24 AM
If you do a online course that is a start, they cost about £35 and then if in the future a weekend course comes up you could attend that.
But in the meantime you know you have some training :)