PDA

View Full Version : So many things to do and not enough time?!?!

NicoleW
17-04-2012, 10:55 AM
These are the things I need to do

- Notify Ofsted of me moving house on the 28th of this month EEK!
- Sort out finances to ensure we can actually move
- Hire moving vehicle
- Order fridge freezer
- Clean all toys
- Soft toys in washing machine
- Update risk assessments
- Update Learning Stories Folder
- Update Babys Days system with relevant information and create a new parental log in (LOVE this site btw well worth a google)
- Gather toys to take back to the toy library
- Go to Halfords for a new inner tube on my double pushchair
- Wash my double pushchair
- Ironing
- Hoovering
- More washing
- Organise all my paperwork better
- Level 3 work before monday
- Obtain free cardboard boxes for moving
- Wash all curtains
- Organise and sort through toys before moving
- Purchase boxes for my ikea expedit unit
- Clean litter trays and food bowls of the cats
- Try and find brackets to fit cat tree to wall when we move as the children keep trying to climb up it
- Order trampoline for when we move and sand/water tray and playbark for the floor
- Gather all paperwork and list down who I need to tell I am moving and when
- Amend Direct Debits
- Sort through Shed of what I need and what I don't before moving, see if there is anything there I can sell/carboot

I think that's about it for now and it should all be done really withint he next two weeks. I feel overwhlemed a bit and not sure which one to tackle first?

Oh and I'm due my first grading inspection (was due in March actually)

suzyjane73
17-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Well I would drop the ironing for a start!! No bigger waste of time has there ever been invented!! But good luck with that, I think you need a fairy godmother to appear with a magic wand!!

lauraj
17-04-2012, 11:07 AM
wow:eek: i thought my to do lists were bad. I usually start with the most urgent things and work my way down I always end up forgetting something though!

NicoleW
17-04-2012, 11:08 AM
I just phoned ofsted but realised I don't have the full address lol. They said that they can send out a certificate and they will only ask me to do a risk assessment on the new house so no inspection is needed which is great!

I really need to get more organised as a person I reckon...

PerkyEars
17-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Go through that list and cross off anything that isn't house move related/absolutely essential? Is now really the time to tackle reorganising your paperwork systems? :panic:

Helen Dempster
17-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Oh my...

Yup, Good luck with that!

loocyloo
17-04-2012, 05:20 PM
i wouldn't worry about cleaning toys/buggies etc or even ordering trampoline etc. do that once you have moved.

do you need to wash the curtains? are you taking them or leaving them? if leaving them, the new owners might not keep them, or if taking them, wash them once you are moved in.

and i second leaving your paperwork! as long as parents have your new address and you have signed amendments to your contract thats all you need.

ofsted won't send out your new certificate until you have moved! ( as they will be sending it to the new house ) they may change it the day or 2 before, but only if you are not currently minding. if you are minding up until the day before you move, you need your certificate to be for that house, then, if you intend to start work again the day ( or 2 ) after moving, you need a ceertificate valid for the new house in order for you to mind!

good luck !!!

NicoleW
17-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Aye I spoke to Ofsted today and they said as soon as I get my address and confirmation of me moving in to let them know and they'll amend it and send it to the new address before I've moved in and as long as I've done my risk assessments for the house I should be fine.

We are moving on the saturday and I start work again on the monday (only work monday and tuesdays)

I'm taking the curtains with me, they are mine. I can't wash them at the new house because we don't have a tumble dryer, and there are no radiators in the house (night storage heating) and the weather isn't nice enough to shove out on the line.

Ordered the trampoline, sand and water tray, moving van and fridge freezer today, also hot washed all the soft toys. I will sort through toys when I'm packing them up I think, throw away broken ones and try to get them all together.

Still can't find any ****** cardboard boxes!

Rubybubbles
17-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Aye I spoke to Ofsted today and they said as soon as I get my address and confirmation of me moving in to let them know and they'll amend it and send it to the new address before I've moved in and as long as I've done my risk assessments for the house I should be fine.

We are moving on the saturday and I start work again on the monday (only work monday and tuesdays)

I'm taking the curtains with me, they are mine. I can't wash them at the new house because we don't have a tumble dryer, and there are no radiators in the house (night storage heating) and the weather isn't nice enough to shove out on the line.

Ordered the trampoline, sand and water tray, moving van and fridge freezer today, also hot washed all the soft toys. I will sort through toys when I'm packing them up I think, throw away broken ones and try to get them all together.

Still can't find any ****** cardboard boxes!

have you looked on netmums local board? often forces wanting boxes moved! i will have loads in 2 weeks (aldershot) if you really need lol!

NicoleW
17-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Aldershot.. Now why does that ring a bell?

Will you have any before the 28th of April? ;p

miffy
17-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I just phoned ofsted but realised I don't have the full address lol. They said that they can send out a certificate and they will only ask me to do a risk assessment on the new house so no inspection is needed which is great!

I really need to get more organised as a person I reckon...

But if your inspection is due then your change of address may well prompt it.

Miffy xx