PDA

View Full Version : I've found the toast

jumping j
17-04-2012, 07:14 AM
I'd given up on ever finding the toast from the pop up toaster, it's been missing for weeks.
Just been hunting for the builders from the happyland construction set, looked in the powder compartment of the washing machine and found the toast :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Still no sign of the construction workers though :panic:
Yes I am talking about the home corner not my actual kitchen!!!:laughing:

Why can't children keep toys in the sets they come with :angry:
This is when my OCD tendencies come out :laughing:

rickysmiths
17-04-2012, 07:19 AM
You obviously don't train them well enough. I blame the parents this children should be fully trained before they come to our houses :laughing::laughing:

We can't find the dog from the canal boat we have, so if you find a stray perhaps you could send it this way? :clapping:

Bridey
17-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Before the Easter hols the children and I emptied every toy box and put everything in the right box ... lego, bionicles, playmobile, k'nex etc. It felt sooooo good!

ajs
17-04-2012, 07:30 AM
OOh my ocd kicks in big time. but saying that i was astounded that we still have the letter for the post box that was my dds when she was 2 she is now nearly 18
Friends are amazed when i pull out a puzzle that is complete that was ds for his first birthday ( now 21)
that's the blessing of ocd

sonia ann
17-04-2012, 09:52 AM
this thread has made me smile.............my family laugh at me because I check everything when I put it away.....and I mean everything! I will know if one of the little play people is missing, a car from the box, a dinosaur etc and will hunt high and low until I find it :panic:

In 27yrs all my jigsaws are still intact and games are complete :)

I still live in hope of finding the green stacking beaker from my eldest sons set ( he is 27) that disappeared about 5yrs ago but I think that may be the only thing that has ever been "lost".........quite possibly posted in the bin by a child I had at the time :(

Mouse
17-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm sure I give all of my mindees OCD! From a very early age they learn that everything has it's place & they all knw where everything goes!

One weekend I had a move round & put the toys in different boxes. MIndee arrived on the Monday morning & spent the first hour moving everything back to where he thought it should be!

I get very frustrated when I tidy up at the end of the day & find bits missing. I know they have to be somewhere in the playroom, but it's surprising how inventive children can be at hiding things!

BucksCM
17-04-2012, 11:52 AM
This thread has made me giggle too!:laughing:
Same in my house...everything has it's place and the children soon learn. I have one of those ikea storage units, the one that takes the boxes. In fact i have 2, 1 on top of the other. floor to ceiling full of the toys...but it is amazing that if I add another action figure, book, puzzle etc it doesn't take them long to find it!:thumbsup:

BucksCM
17-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I meant to add that some of my cm friends laugh at me because I am ocd about it all going back in the correct box/place!
But then I can boast full sets of toys:clapping::D

Stormy
17-04-2012, 01:00 PM
I have just spent the last twenty mins pulling out both sofas and going through all the current boxes of toys out looking for two small wooden cars for the click clack track........I found them inbetween pages of book in a big basket of books :)

PixiePetal
17-04-2012, 01:10 PM
OCD here too - if a piece goes missing toast or otherwise! - the set goes away till it turns up

A couple of weeks ago 4 small plastic plates disappeared - as all 4 had gone I guessed they had been put somewhere. Spent ages looking through the playroom to eventually find them in the toy kettle at hometime, at which point 3yrold mindee had a light bulb moment and said 'I put them there!' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a basket for the bits that need completing - the car if a driver goes missing, ELC birthday cake with candle missing etc until I can reunite them. Can't do incomplete toys and yes I too have puzzles from when my DD was little - she will be 18 next month. Also some from my childhood :blush:

mama2three
17-04-2012, 01:14 PM
So when are you all coming round tyo sort my stuff then? Ive one mindee whose favourite activity is collecting - as long as she has a little bag then bits of everything get put in. But strangely not everything is coming back out!
Maybe I could catch your OCD? Is it contagious? Im not sure I have a complete / matching set of anything - even undies!!

FussyElmo
17-04-2012, 01:29 PM
So when are you all coming round tyo sort my stuff then? Ive one mindee whose favourite activity is collecting - as long as she has a little bag then bits of everything get put in. But starngely not everything is coming back out!
Maybe I could catch your OCD? Is it contagious? Im not sure I have a complete / matching set of anything - even undies!!

I was just thinking exactly the same :laughing::laughing:

ajs
17-04-2012, 02:02 PM
So when are you all coming round tyo sort my stuff then? Ive one mindee whose favourite activity is collecting - as long as she has a little bag then bits of everything get put in. But strangely not everything is coming back out!

Gill hates me coming round to tidy her house, my method of tidying involves pushing everything and i mean everything into the middle of the room. sorting everything and putting it all away properly. the other day i went round at about 10 emptied every toy box, pulled every toy down and started sorting then it got to lunch time and i needed to go so had to leave her to sort the chaos i had created. I dont think she was impressed lol

miffy
17-04-2012, 02:06 PM
When I read the title I thought you meant real toast! I was imagining some congealed, mouldy piece of bread that had been stuffed down the side of the sofa weeks before :laughing:

Miffy xx

miffy
17-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Gill hates me coming round to tidy her house, my method of tidying involves pushing everything and i mean everything into the middle of the room. sorting everything and putting it all away properly. the other day i went round at about 10 emptied every toy box, pulled every toy down and started sorting then it got to lunch time and i needed to go so had to leave her to sort the chaos i had created. I dont think she was impressed lol

:eek::eek::eek: Now feeling like I've had a lucky escape! :p:laughing:

Miffy xx

mama2three
17-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Mandy i wouldnt have let you leave!!

loocyloo
17-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I have just spent the last twenty mins pulling out both sofas and going through all the current boxes of toys out looking for two small wooden cars for the click clack track........I found them inbetween pages of book in a big basket of books :)

6 yrs ago, when i moved into my old house the mindees at the time LOVED my elc click clack tack and played with it endlessly. i had to pack up all my toys and move them into my new playroom & storage... when unpacking i could not find the clickclack cars anywhere ... i rang elc, who sent me a new car ( but just one :D ) after several months of looking at carboots, sales etc i couldn't find any more cars anywhere, and my friend gave me her old car track ( not elc ) so i got rid of my track as no cars for it ... they never turned up. i blamed DH for throwing out.

6 months ago we moved into our new house, the removal men had packed most of my toys ... the first box i opened ... guess what was on the top? YEP! those missing click clack cars !!! :jump for joy:

1 month ago i went on a course and at the end we were given a goody bag ... with an elc click clack track & cars in .... :D now, where did i put those cars? :laughing: