PDA

View Full Version : childcare.co.uk

Chattie
16-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi not posted for a long time n not sure if in right place but hoping that someone can help me.

I am registered on childcare.co.uk but not a paying member i know i can't contact parents unless i pay to join but can parents contact me? I have had a few parents view and add me top their favourites but not had any contact from them. So the question is do I need to pay for parents to be able to message me?

Thanx.

candy cat
16-04-2012, 08:14 PM
hi i think they can contact you if they have paid......you can get 50% off if you are a regular on here so may be worth joining x

Kezzle
16-04-2012, 08:30 PM
From what i know of childcare.co.uk you can reply to parent's emails on there without having to pay. but then you will have to play the waiting game. I paid for a month so i could view parent's details and email them direct. I don't think it's worth the amount of money they charge. before i paid people looked all the time and never contacted.

Chattie
16-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the replies might have to join for a month then.

pinkbutterfly
16-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I paid for annual membership. It is well worth the money. You can get a discount here so it only cost me 50% of the fee. The membership paid itself back just during the first day I had the mindee and from there I have had three so far. You have to look at the big picture rather than think how much it costs.

BucksCM
16-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm on there too and I don't pay. I think that if a parent is looking they will pay the fee.
BUT....
the lo I've had now for 4 weeks came from there...mum kept looking at my profile...I kept waiting for an e-mail...then she added me as a favourite...again waited for an e-mail......then had a phone call from her. It turned out that she didn't pay either, as she was waiting to see if I'd contact her!In the end she'd gone to the bucks info service online, cross ref. info and worked out who i was and even read my ofsted report!!
Still, I'm not complaining, I have the lo 4 days a week and the top up on my income means I might actually get away on holiday this year!:D

Mummits
17-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I may be being dense here, but can somebody tell me, can I tell whether parents on childcare.co.uk have paid membership or not?

I too have had parents view my profile, and in some cases add me as a favorite, but not contacted me. How can I tell if this is because they don't choose to or because they can't (i.e haven't paid membership)?