PDA

View Full Version : Two little angels left my house, two little monsters came back

EmmaReed84
16-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I had 10 days off and before I was off my mindees were well behaved, we had some issues, but they knew the rules and we getting on well with them. Just the usually hiccups as you would expects.

Today was my first day back and OMG I swear they have horns, a tail and a pitch fork lol. I had a bit of a giggle about it with Mum she said that they stayed with grandparents for the week and were spoilt and got away with murder... Even she said back to the "proper rules" lol Hopefully it wont take long to get back in to the swing of things

Tink
16-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm so glad it's just not me. The boy I look after left 2 weeks ago as a little angel and returned today as the devil.
Never seen him like that before but it will not be happening for long!!! I hope

loocyloo
16-04-2012, 06:59 PM
one of my termtime only LO came to play ( with mum & siblings ) at the start of the holidays. LO was a bit of wotsit, but no more than usual ( she is slowly learning the boundaries at my house ;) )

saw them on the school run this afternoon and GOODNESS! LO was a real horror. never seen LO like that! mum was tearing her hair out! then :D LO decided to hold my hand and we all walked home together and LO was an angel :blush: mum couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry !!!

its going to be fun tomorrow, i've got 4 LO, and then this LO and mum are coming with us on a trip to the farm! hope LO will be so pleased to be with me and other mindees that she remembers how to behave! luckily mum is quite happy with me telling LO to behave when we are together!

Ali56
16-04-2012, 08:28 PM
I had one of those-he started school in sept and was TT only. Peace reigns in our house again now....I think....Lo I share care with an Au pair came to toddlers with her Au pair today and did nothing but push, hit, shout 'mine' at everyone and scream alot...( TT only too)I have her tomorrow-am hoping for the best-and that she may remember Ali's house rules....

BucksCM
16-04-2012, 09:19 PM
I've had that happen too. You can SOOO tell when they've been with grandparents!!
Got a 18m lo atm who, as soon as mum comes to collect, changes! Little angel for me all day nut won't do anything for mum, says "no", runs off, tries to get back into the playroom...apparently is like it til bedtime?

EmmaReed84
17-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Well this morning 18mth old needed her nappy changing and usually I sit down and call her over and she comes over right away. Today I called her over and she looked and shouted NO! So I called her again and little bit firmer and she laughed and ran off. I stayed sat down and waited for her to stop and called her again, this time with "the look" she giggled and ran straight to me giving me a cuddle before laying down.

That's it little madam... Me boss Lady now love! lol :thumbsup: :laughing:

kellib
17-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Well this morning 18mth old needed her nappy changing and usually I sit down and call her over and she comes over right away. Today I called her over and she looked and shouted NO! So I called her again and little bit firmer and she laughed and ran off. I stayed sat down and waited for her to stop and called her again, this time with "the look" she giggled and ran straight to me giving me a cuddle before laying down.

That's it little madam... Me boss Lady now love! lol :thumbsup: :laughing:

I had my 23 month mindee for the first time in 2 weeks today and he done the exact same when I was going to change his nappy. The look worked with him too :thumbsup:

sillysausage
17-04-2012, 01:00 PM
It's their way of giving you a guilt trip and saying 'How dare you go away and leave me!!'. It's the same with dogs when you put them in kennels whilst you go on holiday.

BucksCM
17-04-2012, 01:04 PM
reading the last few and i thought, I wonder how many of your partners/husbands have told you not to "treat them like a child and give them a look" He means "the look" of course!! 18 years of looking after children and I have perfected it!!:D