PDA

View Full Version : About To Register As A Childminder - Concerns

xLeemx
15-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi I currently live in South Lanarkshire and I'm doing my SVQ III in CCLD at a local nursery, i have been there for over 2 years and I'm considering becoming a childminder, i have gathered all of the resources i think i need to start up and i've read all of the scma leaflets etc i just need to pluck up the courage to register, i have a few concerns about finances and about the possibility of feeling isolated without work mates, just looking for a bit of advice and reassurance if anyone has some?

Thanks Lee :) xx

danasdaycare
25-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Lee,

what ashame no one replied to you before now.

What I did was go part time between childminding and office job for 4 months as a taster. Left me in no doubt I wanted to be my own boss.

Regards to isolation, try and visit a local childminding group, you may find via the scottish childminding association website I think.

Then there is always here. If we are not all busy of course, I had my first inspection last week so have not been on much.

Finance wise- account for what bills and so on you need to cover. What service you provide, as around about fees per hour. I can also check pay & conditions leaflet from SCMA if you want as tells average for each area?

If you have not started registration process yet, do so now. It can take a while, which may mean no income depending on your situation.

hope this helps, but if anything get in touch :)

sarah707
25-04-2012, 05:49 PM
There are thousands of childminders out there!

I am sure you will find a network of local minders very quickly who will become your support group :D