PDA

View Full Version : Pogo printers

Cazz
14-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I keep reading how good they are and have just seen that Amazon have them on offer for £39 at the moment. Are they worth the money?

I like the idea that you don't have to clue the photo's into the learning journeys as some of the glue has seeped through on a couple of my photo's so they need to be re-printed.

Can you print different sizes - if not what size in inches are the photo's? At the moment I print wallet size ones (not sure of the exact size) and I'd like to keep to a similar size.

Is the paper really expensive for it and can you only buy it online?

sarah707
14-04-2012, 02:13 PM
I've just bought one and it's my new favourite best toy :clapping:

It only prints one size - you put the paper in and out it comes - it's really easy. Then you take the backing off to stick it down.

I bought paper from Play.com after advice from other members - I got a lot but it's only small to store.

Hth :D

AliceK
14-04-2012, 02:39 PM
They are def worth having. So so much easier than using a PC & Printer. The pics are approx 3" x 2" so perfect for diaries / LJ's.
I used to be able to buy the paper from my local Maplins but they've now stopped selling it in the shops and you need to go online to get it. I must admit I'm a little worried about the future of them after all the problems with Kodak. I'm just hoping they don't decide to discontinue making them and the paper.

xxx

Cazz
14-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks!

I'm feeling cheesed off this afternoon and felt the need for some retail therapy so I've just ordered one from Amazon (via the forum!) for £39.19 and ... it's pink!!

I've also ordered some paper as they had 70 sheets for £10.99.

I'm £50 worse off now but I can't wait for it to arrive and get printing!!

Bridey
14-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Let the kids watch their photos come out - they love it!

jumping j
15-04-2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks!

I'm feeling cheesed off this afternoon and felt the need for some retail therapy so I've just ordered one from Amazon (via the forum!) for £39.19 and ... it's pink!!

I found myself £50 lighter on wednesday when I decided I needed one, just waiting for it to be delivered now, can't wait

VeggieSausage
15-04-2012, 08:44 AM
they are worth the money, I use it for loads of things now.....printing photos for school projects etc.....

Graham
15-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks!

Thanks for supporting the forum. :thumbsup:

Anyone else who wants to buy one via the forum can use this link POGO PRINTER (http://www.amazon.co.uk/mn/search/?_encoding=UTF8&x=0&tag=childminding-21&linkCode=ur2&y=0&camp=1634&creative=19450&field-keywords=pogo%20printer&url=search-alias%3Daps)

The forum benefits from a small commission which is used to help fund our running costs.

Cazz
15-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for supporting the forum. :thumbsup:

Anyone else who wants to buy one via the forum can use this link POGO PRINTER (http://www.amazon.co.uk/mn/search/?_encoding=UTF8&x=0&tag=childminding-21&linkCode=ur2&y=0&camp=1634&creative=19450&field-keywords=pogo%20printer&url=search-alias%3Daps)

The forum benefits from a small commission which is used to help fund our running costs.

You're welcome Graham - I'm more than happy to support the forum as people on here have helped me out so many times over the last few years that I couldn't be without it. :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
15-04-2012, 04:53 PM
June and I use one all the time!!! We get our paper through Amazon as it is usually the cheapest, buy it in bulk!!!

Great size for Learning Journals and self sticky too :clapping:

Chimps Childminding
15-04-2012, 04:54 PM
June and I use one all the time!!! We get our paper through Amazon as it is usually the cheapest, buy it in bulk!!!

The picture quality isn't the best, but they are a great size for Learning Journals and self sticky too :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
15-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I bought one and it has only been used once, extra paper too, if dd or hubby are not going to use it , it will be for sale :thumbsup:

~Grasshopper~
15-04-2012, 07:13 PM
i love mine, i bluetooth photos from my blackberry, i always have my phone on me so can get a quick pic whereever we are. its been my best buy so far.

but dont leave the charger plugged into the pogo and whilst storing it, i managed to snap the connector off inside the pogo and had to buy a new charger :mad: .

x

SandCastles
15-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I love mine, it has been so easy to stick a little pic onto a daily diary or a learning journal observation, and it doesn't need any extra ink to buy.
The only thing I find a nightmare is the battery life, about 6 prints and it needs charging. If I'm at home printing then I plug it into the mains.

miffy
15-04-2012, 08:50 PM
This might be a dumb question but how do I know it will work with my camera?

Miffy xx

jumping j
16-04-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm off to pick mine up from the post office today woo hoo, can't wait!!!:clapping::clapping:

Miffy I wondered if it was compatable with all cameras and was given the impression that you could use your USB cable, the one you use to hook your camera up to a computer, to hook it up. I'll have a look when I pick it up later

miffy
16-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm off to pick mine up from the post office today woo hoo, can't wait!!!:clapping::clapping:

Miffy I wondered if it was compatable with all cameras and was given the impression that you could use your USB cable, the one you use to hook your camera up to a computer, to hook it up. I'll have a look when I pick it up later

Thanks. I can't find a list anywhere of which cameras it's compatible with so assume it will work on all.

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
16-04-2012, 07:54 AM
i love mine, i bluetooth photos from my blackberry, i always have my phone on me so can get a quick pic whereever we are. its been my best buy so far.

but dont leave the charger plugged into the pogo and whilst storing it, i managed to snap the connector off inside the pogo and had to buy a new charger :mad: .

x

Where did you buy the new lead ? Carolyn was looking for one

~Grasshopper~
16-04-2012, 09:49 AM
ebay was the only place i could find new chargers. x

loocyloo
16-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks. I can't find a list anywhere of which cameras it's compatible with so assume it will work on all.

Miffy xx

as long as you have a usb cable, the pogo is compatible with all cameras.

the only thing i know the pogo doesn't work with as an iphone!.

Chimps Childminding
16-04-2012, 12:25 PM
ebay was the only place i could find new chargers. x

Thanks for that, I'll have a look!! I broke mine sometime ago but haven't been able to find a replacement, I am loathed to buy another pogo as mine works except for the fact I have broken the cable, so June and I have been using hers!! If only it would hold a charge it would be great, I could charge it up using Junes lead and then use it wireless, but they don't hold a charge for very long at all :(

jumping j
16-04-2012, 03:55 PM
woop woop

Picked it up from the post office after playgroup this morning, the kids love going to see 'postman pat', and all the lo's have a picture of something they've done today stuck in their daily diaries.
It was so simple, once I realised I needed to put the blue card through first and which way round to put the paper in.
I hooked my camera (olympus) up with my usb cable and all the instructions came up, as long as you have a usb cable it seems that any camera will work with it.
I even sent a picture from my phone (nokia) using bluetooth, had to unplug the usb cable first though!
Only thing it doesn't seem to work with is the OH I-phone, but that doesn't seem to work with anything that's not made by apple!!!

It's my new most favourite thing ever :laughing::laughing:

LOOPYLISA
16-04-2012, 06:58 PM
as long as you have a usb cable, the pogo is compatible with all cameras.

the only thing i know the pogo doesn't work with as an iphone!.

Hence i maybe selling :laughing:

Mcgons
16-04-2012, 07:36 PM

The picture quality isn't the best, but they are a great size for Learning Journals and self sticky too :clapping:

I use mine all the time, but keep getting stripes and have to run the blue paper through a few times. Have you experienced this and got any other ways of sorting this out? It means it takes me a lot longer to print all the LJ pics out!

loocyloo
16-04-2012, 08:09 PM
I use mine all the time, but keep getting stripes and have to run the blue paper through a few times. Have you experienced this and got any other ways of sorting this out? It means it takes me a lot longer to print all the LJ pics out!

i had one packet of paper that was VERY streaky and i ran the blue card through and it didn'd make a difference, so i ran the blue card from an pack i had already used through and then it was fine !!! ( i keep all the blue cards! :blush: useful for little notes/labels etc! )

Chimps Childminding
16-04-2012, 08:36 PM

TBH not really had a problem with streaking. I know the usual advice is to run the blue card through again, and I think that usually corrects it. As loocyloo said, perhaps try the blue card from another pack see if that helps!!