PDA

View Full Version : Do you do a part time job and childmind?

child_friendly
14-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I am still waiting for my first mindee. I have been registered since end of Feb and getting really fed up and upset as need an income coming in. So I have had to apply for a part time job.
I just wondered does anyone else do this: work a part time job and childmind? I want to be able to do both. I just wanted advice on it and is it worth it? I don't know if i'll get a job yet, just got to wait for people to get back to me, but need to do something as waiting for mindees to come is draining and not helping with no money coming in. I have advertised everywhere, been to toddler groups, given info to friends and family, put posters up, done leaflet drops etc.......so am just waiting!!!

Demonjill
14-04-2012, 09:47 AM
When i first reg I was working in retail.

When i got my first mindees(twins) they only wanted a thursday every week(they still come now:thumbsup:) so I asked my boss if I could have the same day off every week(didnt tell them why as they prob would have said no) and they agreed, so i worked mon,tue,wed and fri in my retail job and childminded the twins on the thursday.

That way i had money coming in - i saved up the CM money as that was more than what i had coming in before as well:thumbsup:

when i got more enquiries i then handed my notice in at my retail job to CM full time

Dont know if that helps you but you have to do whats right at time so if i was you i would get a wee job ( you prob find sods law as soon as you do this the enquiries will appear anyway lol:rolleyes:) and then you will prob be able to do similar to myself.

not all people who want a CM are wanting mon-fri full time anyway - i have 8 kids on my books from 5 families and none are mon-fri and none are full days