PDA

View Full Version : Hosepipe ban doesn't apply to businesses hence us?

jadavi
14-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Does anyone know if this is the case? Hubby disconnected ours for fear of £1000 fine!! Visiting early years lecturer said I am a business so exempt from ruling.

jadavi
14-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Haha that should have read hosepipe ban!!
I wonder how many people opened that in curiosity!!!

ajs
14-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Me, sorry don't know the answer but the predictive text made me laugh

PerkyEars
14-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Made me do a double take.

Like I was in some weird dream where the childminders board and the theology board I'm also on had merged. :panic:

Greengrass74
14-04-2012, 07:49 AM
I actually googled it :blush:

Mouse
14-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Now that I know what you're talking about...I would say contact your local water board and ask them. Each one has their own rules, so they'd be the one to check with. It might depend on what you are using the hosepipe for, but I don't thnk you can just assume that because you are a business you are allow to use it. Businesses have restrictions as well.

Let us know what you find out.

The Juggler
14-04-2012, 08:07 AM
my dh says we can use the pip to fill buckets and watercans but not to use it directly on the garden.

how will I fill my waterpark :laughing: i need to ring up :panic:

I was very curious about what Josephus was! lol :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
14-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Me!!! I thought it was some religious sect :laughing: haven't got a clue - sorry :blush:

sarah707
14-04-2012, 08:32 AM
I changed your title for you! :rolleyes: :laughing:

I have no idea about the rules because it only affects the south at the moment...

I think you need to check with your water board. :D

Bridey
14-04-2012, 08:38 AM
In my town half of us are banned and half of us aren't. We're on the border of two water companies - one with a ban and one with no ban. Unfortunately I'm on the wrong side of the border :(

blue bear
14-04-2012, 08:50 AM
I thought it was only businesses who rely on water to keep their business going such as car washes and registered disabled who are excluded.

LOOPYLISA
14-04-2012, 09:40 AM
We are southern water and have the ban :rolleyes:

Did you know people with disability badge are exempt :rolleyes: hows that fair?

blue bear
14-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Did you know people with disability badge are exempt :rolleyes: hows that fair?[/QUOTE]

my son who is registered disabled and has difficulties with both his arms and legs could not possibly lift a bucket or full watering can and so needs to use a hose pipe.

caz3007
14-04-2012, 10:16 AM
We are southern water and have the ban :rolleyes:

Surprised you are Southern Water Lisa, we are Portsmouth Water here for our water and Southern for sewerage and we dont have a ban yet and you are closer to Pompeii than me

rickysmiths
14-04-2012, 11:18 AM
W have a ban but to be honest I don't think it is that hard to use a bucket under the tape to fill a water table or paddling pool, mine isn't that big. I water may plants from the water butt so use a watering can mosy of the time though we do have a pump we can put in the water butt that we attach a hose to so we can wash the car.

At the moment its a joke here the three water butts we have are overflowing the amount of rain we have had this week :laughing:

AliceK
14-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Well I went out on Thursday with my watering can to water our new grass seed and then spent all day yesterday in agony as it bought on my costa coffee again. Bleedin hose pipe ban, is driving me mad :angry:.
To OP I don't think we can use our hose pipes just because we are a business. Apparently I can't even use mine to hose down my rabbits runs and hose down my patio even to clean up after the dog might have pooed and that's a health and safety aspect surely.

xxxx

rickysmiths
14-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Well I went out on Thursday with my watering can to water our new grass seed and then spent all day yesterday in agony as it bought on my costa coffee again. Bleedin hose pipe ban, is driving me mad :angry:.
To OP I don't think we can use our hose pipes just because we are a business. Apparently I can't even use mine to hose down my rabbits runs and hose down my patio even to clean up after the dog might have pooed and that's a health and safety aspect surely.

xxxx

I believe you are allowed to hose down patios and decking on health and safety grounds but best to check with your own water board.

AliceK
14-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I believe you are allowed to hose down patios and decking on health and safety grounds but best to check with your own water board.

That's what I thought too but I've asked and been told No :panic:
I know if I did and I wasn't allowed to my next door neighbour would report me so I daren't.

xxx

rickysmiths
14-04-2012, 11:45 AM
That's what I thought too but I've asked and been told No :panic:
I know if I did and I wasn't allowed to my next door neighbour would report me so I daren't.

xxx

Oh what a pain. What about a water butt pump like ours? Its made my Kercher and cost about £50. I'll goggle and see if I can find one.

Bingo!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vrand=62476469 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/mn/search/?_encoding=UTF8&hvnetw=g&keywords=karcher%20water%20pump&tag=childminding-21&index=aps&linkCode=ur2&hvexid=&hvadid=21653182068&camp=1634&creative=19450&hvpos=1t2&hvrand=62476469)

AliceK
14-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Oh what a pain. What about a water butt pump like ours? Its made my Kercher and cost about £50. I'll goggle and see if I can find one.

Bingo!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vrand=62476469 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/mn/search/?_encoding=UTF8&hvnetw=g&keywords=karcher%20water%20pump&tag=childminding-21&index=aps&linkCode=ur2&hvexid=&hvadid=21653182068&camp=1634&creative=19450&hvpos=1t2&hvrand=62476469)

Thank you. Just had a look at that, it looks like a great idea. Will tell OH about it when he gets back in later :thumbsup:

xxxxx

rickysmiths
14-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Thank you. Just had a look at that, it looks like a great idea. Will tell OH about it when he gets back in later :thumbsup:

xxxxx

My pleasure.

LOOPYLISA
14-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Surprised you are Southern Water Lisa, we are Portsmouth Water here for our water and Southern for sewerage and we dont have a ban yet and you are closer to Pompeii than me

Yup souther down here :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
14-04-2012, 11:59 AM

my son who is registered disabled and has difficulties with both his arms and legs could not possibly lift a bucket or full watering can and so needs to use a hose pipe.[/QUOTE]

Then i apoligise, just atm i see so many people here NOT needing a blue badge x

jadavi
14-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks everyone. I had a giggle too...wonder what google said about the Josephus , Dave? haha x

mushpea
14-04-2012, 01:34 PM
we arent affected yet but my parents have a ban where they are, but is stupid really cause my dad cant wash his car with a hose in his garden so he has to drive 3 mile down the road to the garage where they can do it with a preasure washer!! so not only does he use fuel which affects the enviroment but the preasure washer would use far more water than his hose pipe. I just dont get it.

Bridey
14-04-2012, 01:39 PM

There is no ban with Southern Water if you live in Hampshire or the Isle of Wight. However if you live in Hampshire and have South East Water - there is a ban! I even rang to check. So I'm banned and my dad, who lives 5 mins down the road, isn't.

caz3007
14-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Yup souther down here :thumbsup:

How weird :eek: I know my friend 6 miles the other way across the Arun is Southern and they have all been fitted with compulsory water meters. She was asking me when mine was being fitted....ummm not with that water board, we must be lucky

LOOPYLISA
14-04-2012, 05:07 PM
We are in chichester west sussex and we are banned :(

Bridey
14-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Then i apoligise, just atm i see so many people here NOT needing a blue badge x

Not all disabilities are apparent ... Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia are just some of the invisible conditions that make life an absolute misery for the sufferers. Just because they are full of pain killers and don't happen to limp when you see them out and about on a 'good day' does not make them any less disabled.

Trpta108
14-04-2012, 05:20 PM
we arent affected yet but my parents have a ban where they are, but is stupid really cause my dad cant wash his car with a hose in his garden so he has to drive 3 mile down the road to the garage where they can do it with a preasure washer!! so not only does he use fuel which affects the enviroment but the preasure washer would use far more water than his hose pipe. I just dont get it.

I saw some posters in London encouraging people not to wash their cars.:thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
15-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Just for information:

People who are with South West Water don't have a ban yet if I understand this (http://www.southwestwater.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=9268) rightly.