PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted quandary

jadavi
13-04-2012, 05:41 PM
The Ofsted lady phoned to book a first inspection. She said she wanted two days so she can 'surprise ' me which one... One of the two days is a second ever on his (i year) own session after loads of settling in visits so no LJ yet but starting points are in place and mum has filled in a whole all about me book.
That's all she'll see.
The other day will be manic... 4 regulars and a new baby starting and an assistant helping.
What would you do? wondering whether to text her to say monday is no good.... I am not expecting an outstanding but there'll be no chance of it if there is no LJ, dont you think? On the other hand it'd be a dead easy day with just one and no assistant to worry about getting her answers wrong....
advice please!

flowerpots
13-04-2012, 05:44 PM
She will want to see all the childrens learning journey's not just the children who are there so it doesnt matter if its lo's 1st day. :thumbsup:

jadavi
13-04-2012, 05:48 PM
That's strange... I have heard repeatedly that they only look at the LJs of the children present that day? Is this wrong then??

flowerpots
13-04-2012, 05:49 PM
That's strange... I have heard repeatedly that they only look at the LJs of the children present that day? Is this wrong then??

When my inspector came I provided her with and she looked through all my lj's. :huh:

QualityCare
13-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I think it just depends on the inspector, when l had my inspection she looked at all journals one was a child who was not present that day had only been with me for 3 weeks and only comes 2 afternoons so had nothing in the journal except for basic new child info, l just explained to her that l was still getting to know him and he was still settling in and getting used to me and she was fine with that, so l would't worry.

buzzy bee
13-04-2012, 06:55 PM
My inspector only looked at the LJs of the LOs I had on that day, but I'm sure if you explain that LO is new you can provide her with your other LJs and she'll look at those instead.

Good luck!

rickysmiths
13-04-2012, 07:13 PM
When i was inspected last September the inspector was only interested in the LJs for the children with me on the day, she didn't want to see any others.

CH1957
13-04-2012, 08:09 PM
The Ofsted lady phoned to book a first inspection. She said she wanted two days so she can 'surprise ' me which one... One of the two days is a second ever on his (i year) own session after loads of settling in visits so no LJ yet but starting points are in place and mum has filled in a whole all about me book.
That's all she'll see.
The other day will be manic... 4 regulars and a new baby starting and an assistant helping.
What would you do? wondering whether to text her to say monday is no good.... I am not expecting an outstanding but there'll be no chance of it if there is no LJ, dont you think? On the other hand it'd be a dead easy day with just one and no assistant to worry about getting her answers wrong....
advice please!

I am in the same situation as you. Having my inspection probably next Thursday. I will have 3 children, one Ive had for 3 months but the other 2 Ive only had for 3 weeks so nothing much in their LJ's. Im hoping she will be ok with the fact that I am still getting to know them.

Good luck to you.

miffy
13-04-2012, 08:39 PM
My inspector wanted the Lj of the children who were there on the day but she must have looked at the others too because she commented on what some of the younger children (who weren't there that day) were doing and she could only have known that if she'd looked iN their lj's.

I'd go for your less manic day and show her the other lj's so she can see what you do

Miffy xx