PDA

View Full Version : Jubilee and Olympics

2kidsunder5
13-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi
Just wondering if ayone has any ideas for activities for the jubilee and olympics?

We are having a red white and blue party, cakes with red, white and blue icing, etc and we are also having a mini olympics, bean bag races, egg and spoon and so on.

Just wondered if anyone can give me some craft ideas, not very good at those :o

mrs robbie williams
15-04-2012, 06:55 AM
we are going to be having a royal tea party aswell, going to get bunting, flags, royal plates/cups etc for craft ideas i was thinking they could all make their own crowns to wear :thumbsup:

BucksCM
15-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I haven't started planning for that yet but when I do I'll be taking a look at Activity Village and Bakerross for ideas. They are good places to start. I don't always buy stuff from Bakerross but just check out the ideas or make my own templates for things rather than buy 6/12/24 of something!
Although saying that, Bakerross do have a whole section on the Jubilee!:D

Ripeberry
15-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Just before the Olympics I plan to have some kind of 'Garden Olympics' and do a sort of obstacle course. Will have an Olympic flag flying and I don't care if they are trying to stop people from using the Logo. I'm gonna fly my flag! :cool:

Bluebell
14-05-2012, 04:41 PM
We are making olympic torches - the torch comes through our town on Sunday.

Rolled up piece of paper into a cone with orange/red/yellow tissue paper in top. They have a floaty effect which looks like a flame. (iyswim)

miffy
14-05-2012, 04:46 PM
There are quite a few other threads about this if you do a forum search.

Some good ideas on this one

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=101781&highlight=queens+jubilee

Miffy xx

nikki thomson
14-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I have no idea when the jubilee is, and how many years is it?, sorry ladies I can't remember the last time I even got chance to watch the news, is it next month????. X