PDA

View Full Version : Need a dictophone?

onceinabluemoon
13-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Do you ever find you say the same darned thing a million times a day, five days a week? Or are your mindees perfect examples of children who do as they are asked/told?

I find I say " (name1) leave the buggy alone" or (name2) "get down from there now!" over and over and over again.

What do you say over and over? Or are you simply brilliant and don't have this problem at all? :p

The Juggler
13-04-2012, 08:23 AM
haha, I became the expert of the alternative phrase so I didn't bore myself or avoidance - so moving the offending things out the way.

only thing I have to be a parrot about now is my two (12 and 10). My phrase is "don't pick the baby up", "let x (the baby" play" otherwise they cuddle them to death :laughing:

SandCastles
13-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm constantly reminding the lo about how my dog doesn't like to be squeezed! I have different parrot phased that I use depending on their age range. They all work for the short term!

onceinabluemoon
13-04-2012, 11:37 AM
haha, I became the expert of the alternative phrase so I didn't bore myself or avoidance - so moving the offending things out the way.

only thing I have to be a parrot about now is my two (12 and 10). My phrase is "don't pick the baby up", "let x (the baby" play" otherwise they cuddle them to death :laughing:

working on the avoidance Juggler, just spent the weekend turning our sitting room into a playroom...

Shar
13-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I have the opposite problem at the moment with my 20 month old mindee. She says "Shar, what you doing?" ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!! Lovely at first, but now driving me mad. The other children have also started saying it because they know it's winding me up, lol. :rolleyes:

funemnx
13-04-2012, 01:49 PM
My 4 year old lo will not leave the toddlers alone - "don't pick her up" and "leave the baby alone" are all I say at the moment. Oh, and to my adorable 2 year old "sitting, not standing on the chair please"

Over and over again, I hear myself and wish I'd shut up - but I can't!! :laughing:

onceinabluemoon
13-04-2012, 03:06 PM
My 4 year old lo will not leave the toddlers alone - "don't pick her up" and "leave the baby alone" are all I say at the moment. Oh, and to my adorable 2 year old "sitting, not standing on the chair please"

Over and over again, I hear myself and wish I'd shut up - but I can't!! :laughing:

haha I know the feeling, I think to myself 'why don't i just let her do it' but I can't.