PDA

View Full Version : One of my little mindees took three steps today!

Cazz
12-04-2012, 10:24 PM
I didn't tell mum because she hasn't told me that he's walked independantly yet (and she tells me everything!) - I didn't want to upset her because she missed such an important milestone.

It's his first birthday on Saturday so when she collected I said "I don't think J's going to be long before he's walking - he's almost got the confidence to do it." She replied "Oh, do you think so!" (so relieved at this point that I hadn't told her!). I said "Maybe that will be his party piece on Saturday when everyone is visiting" :)

I wonder if that will be her exciting news for me when he next comes to me on Wednesday?!

Demonjill
12-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Aww how cute.
I love that stage:thumbsup:

Im overly cautious too as i have a 9 month old who is really starting to move about and loves up on his feet all the time(with you holding his hands) so much so that once he is up its a struggle to get him to bend in the middle :D:laughing: to sit down again

Heaven Scent
13-04-2012, 08:32 AM
I know she doesn't know it but you know that you have the lovely warm feeling that you've been the lucky one to have been the first to share this very special time with this little baby and in addition mum will think she shared it too so you are both winners.

I was in hospital having an operation when my DD took her first steps and my DH told me when he came to visit take me home the next day - I was gutted but as a parent he was as entitled as me to have this experience but he being a man didn't have the cop on to keep it to himself and let me think it had happened when I got home - it doesn't matter though because as he works away so much he has missed 100's of firsts that I was there for, so all is fair.