PDA

View Full Version : How do you ask for feedback?

PerkyEars
12-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Do you give parents a questionaire? Or just ask verbally and informally if they think things are going ok and if they have any problems?

flowerpots
12-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Both really, i try to send out a questionnaire every 6 months, sometimes ask if everything is ok and are they happy etc in general chit chat or sometimes just jot a few lines in the lo's diary. :)

Katiekoo
12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I also tend to do both, I send home a questionnaire every three months, also chats and I ask for a reference about 6 months after the start date.

mushpea
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
I dont do anything formal unless ofsted are comming, ususaly if I get a fibe that somthings not right then I will ask but other than that if parents dont complain then I assume everything is to their liking. when ofsted are due I ask for references that I can give to ofsted and that I can add to my portfolio

sarah707
12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
I used to do questionnaires but after not getting anything useful back I tend to talk to parents every so often and write their replies in my diary.

Mostly they tell me if there is a problem... I encourage them to chat to me and we tackle things early.

:D

Demonjill
12-04-2012, 10:16 PM
BOTH:thumbsup:

Lots of informal chats about things as they happen.
I have fabby parents just now im so lucky.:thumbsup: and tbh even though they are all lovely they still would def be the type to speak up if there was a problem with any part of the childcare believe me - but then i prefer that.

I have given out questionnaires designed to be filled in by parent AND child and it brings a tear to my eye to read what lovely things they have all said about me.
I do a questionnaire a few months into the contract and then one further down the line. I also have one in progress for when someone leaves but thats not happened yet :D
I am also going to ask people who originally contacted me through childcare.co.uk to pop back on to leave a review - good of course :blush::D as this is where most of my enquiries have came from :thumbsup:

jelly15
13-04-2012, 06:58 AM
I do a formal questionnaire every year when I review for my quality of care report. I have daily chats with the parents and I often ask them if they are happy with the service or are there any concerns.

PerkyEars
13-04-2012, 06:59 AM
they still would def be the type to speak up if there was a problem with any part of the childcare believe me - but then i prefer that.

I would love to be sure of this! I spend most of my time wondering if they are secretly thinking I'm rubbish but they don't like to say. I can be a bit defensive. :o

I think I'll have a system of writing feedback in diary and asking for references. I used someone elses questionaire for Ofsted years ago and got nice replies, but the parents seemed a bit bemused by it. Everyone hates filling in feedback forms don't they!

The Juggler
13-04-2012, 08:46 AM
i'd be mortified if something came up in a survey that I wasn't already aware of and try to keep myself informed through informal chats. However, despite swearing I'd do my survey's annually I've just realised in Jan I was waaaay overdue. I've done in between ones for leavers but now have updated my surveys and have resolved to do them annually. :thumbsup:

2kidsunder5
13-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I also do questionnaires for parents every year and I used to do them for the children when I had children who where old enough to fill them in. I used to get some fantastic comments back to my healthy eating question "Is there any type of foods which you would like to see on the menu?" I got chocolate gateau, steak and chippy :clapping:

I also have a parent feedback form in each childs file. I ask that they sign the form every time the file goes home (every 6 weeks) and also comment, that usually brings back positive feedback :)

The Juggler
13-04-2012, 09:44 AM
I also do questionnaires for parents every year and I used to do them for the children when I had children who where old enough to fill them in. I used to get some fantastic comments back to my healthy eating question "Is there any type of foods which you would like to see on the menu?" I got chocolate gateau, steak and chippy :clapping:

I also have a parent feedback form in each childs file. I ask that they sign the form every time the file goes home (every 6 weeks) and also comment, that usually brings back positive feedback :)

oh yes I have recently done a feedback/input form for parents to send home in the LJ too. And I have a leaver questionnaire for the children.