PDA

View Full Version : What car would fit 3 seats in the back?

leanneday01
12-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Help...... Im looking to get a new car that fits three child seats in the back. I really dont want a 4x4 or a people carrier. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

bluechair84
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi there,

I have the same problem. I have a 4x4 an cannot fit 3 child seats along the back. I have to change to a 7 seater even though I won't need all the seats. I have looked at the newer Zafiras and the middle seat is not a full size space, the boot is tiny. I have read on this site that some cm have managed to fit 3 slim seats (Britax Prince I think) along the back. Even with 3 of these I couldn't fit them in my 4x4.

I'm now looking for an oldish Seat Alhambra, VW Sharan or Ford Galaxy. Starting CM has cost me a fortune!!

amo x

jelly15
12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I can fit two slim mothercare 9 months to 11 years high back booster seats and a standard 9 month to four years recliner seat in my vaxhall vectra estate car with loads of boot space.

cas2805
12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I have a Grand Scenic and 3 in the back is easy. The Scenic has the same sized seats so a 5 seater will work too!

nikki thomson
12-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi, not much help as I know you don't want a people carrier but I found that the old style ford galaxy fit 3 car seats in the back, I don't have one but my friend does, I have a Citroen grand Picasso and you can't, I think a big family car like a mondeo can at a squeeze, I think alot of it depends on the car seats, I always use britax and they tend to be quite wide, the base fits but they tend to have wide sides if that makes sense and they just won't fit, sorry not much use. X

Monkey26
12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
I used to drive a Grand Scenic and could fit 3 seats in the middle row (two reclining Britax isofix's and a high back harness Britax).

I now drive a Citroen c8 and can fit any three seats across the middle row...

:D x

mama2three
13-04-2012, 06:43 AM
I can get 3 in my scenic , grazed knucklles getting them in but they do fit! Make sure you get slim seats though! I usually have 1 in the front , 2 in the back with a booster seat between for my 5 year old - just easier to get the litties in that way rather than lifting one over into the middle each time.

sweets
13-04-2012, 06:48 AM
my fiat stilo has 3 seats in the back.

2 high back boosters and one 0-4 mothercare seat. theres not much room to put your hand in to fasten the seatbelt but they are all used with harnesses rather than the seatbelt if you know what i mean.

Jacko81
13-04-2012, 07:18 AM
I bought a Toyota corolla verso and each seat in the back is a seat alone, which all move separately and fits a large car seat on each. We also gave two extra seats in the boot to make a 7 seater but when they are folding it creates a lovely sized boot. It's a reasonable sized car, very roomy but still looks like a family car. I didn't want a bus (lol) and this car was ideal for us xxxxxxx

The Juggler
13-04-2012, 08:37 AM
i have had 3 seats in the back of my megane scenic (Old model) not sure I'd get 3 baby seats but have had 1 baby seat and 2 x high back boosters

leanneday01
13-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all your comments!! Looks like ill be car shopping this weekend!
x:D

Karaza
13-04-2012, 11:19 AM
A citroen xsara picasso easily fits three in back. I am just in process of selling mine as needed 7 seater but would have kept it if I did not need extra seats. The boot is huge too.:)

handeme
13-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I have a senic and fit three quite chunky seats in the back, maxi cosi Tobi, britiax and Mammas and Pappas, tricky to get them in but once you have done it a few times it gets easier x

cherry
13-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I have a Vauxhall Vectra and can get three car seats in the back and the boot is very big as well. I can get a double buggy in with space either side :)

Chatterbox Childcare
13-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Have you thought about rather than changing you car change your car seats

I did a course a couple of weeks ago on car safety and the Mothercare rep there said "come to us with your seats and your care and we will see what can be done". I went and had to buy 1 extra seat but that was all and now everyone is safe.

kat27
13-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I have a Honda frv that fits 3 in the back easy, it has a huge boot and 3.seats in the front to! I Love it! X

PixiePetal
13-04-2012, 05:03 PM
My friend has a Fiat Doblo - 3 seats fit. Not the car for you if you like a sporty look! Huge boot too :thumbsup:

flowerpots
13-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I have a scenic and have 3 seats in th back. :D

rickysmiths
13-04-2012, 07:09 PM
I have had a Skoda Octavias for the last 10 years and I can get 2 Britax 'bucket' style full seats and a slimline highbacked 5 point harness booster seat suitable for 2yrs up. I can also isolate the front airbag with a key so i can use a seat on the front seat as well.

curlywurly
13-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I have a citroen Picasso and can easily fit 3 seats in the back and a lovely big boot too.

:)

leanneday01
13-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Have you thought about rather than changing you car change your car seats

I did a course a couple of weeks ago on car safety and the Mothercare rep there said "come to us with your seats and your care and we will see what can be done". I went and had to buy 1 extra seat but that was all and now everyone is safe.

Brilliant!! Thanks Debbie. Thats a much easier idea than buying a new car!! I will be at Mothercare first thing on Sunday morning! :blush:

MAWI
13-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Honda FRV. I love it. Got rid of my people carrier, but this still has six seats if needed.

sarah c
13-04-2012, 09:50 PM
my fiat stilo has 3 seats in the back.

2 high back boosters and one 0-4 mothercare seat. theres not much room to put your hand in to fasten the seatbelt but they are all used with harnesses rather than the seatbelt if you know what i mean.

hiya i have a fiat stilo and i wouldnt of thought of getting 3 in there ive only had a booster for my daughter and when i have my niece in the car her seat for a 1 year old

greenfields
14-04-2012, 07:45 AM
I've been looking at new Hyundais. They look so spacious inside! Good luck, I'd prefer not to get a 7 seater really.

blue bear
14-04-2012, 09:29 PM
My Renault Clio has two nania high backs with full harnesses and a britax prince, nice and snug.