PDA

View Full Version : OH NO NOT TINK AGAIN!

silvermist
12-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes its me again with yet another question for all you knowledgable folk.:)

Im am just gathering info together for new mindee, ie... all about me book, permission letters, contracts etc... and I was wondering if I should put it all together in one file (per child) or do you have seperate folders for different paperwork?
Thanks in advance x

loocyloo
12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
i have a big lever arch file and all the children are in that, in their own section, with sub dividers for contracts/permissions/all about me/invoices etc. i usually copy the all about me and put the original in LJ and copy in file. i copy permissions and put copy of medical permissions inside medical folder!

rickysmiths
12-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I have an all about me single sheet which the parents fill in. This goes in the front of their Learning Journal.

All the contract and signed permissions etc go in a family folder to which I add copies of any further letters or updated paperwork for this family.

Each family has their own folder. This then makes it easy if the family want to check something because it maintains confidentiality.

Then when Ofsted come I just remove the copy of the Contract from each folder as it is none of their business to see it. However they may need to see signed permissions etc.

QualityCare
12-04-2012, 02:54 PM
l keep all childrens contracts permission forms and contact details in one file, easier to grab in an emergency , and all other info all about me forms etc in each childs individual file.

silvermist
12-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Thank you all for your valued advice. As sad as it seems I actually do love putting folders together! I think I need to get out more!:rolleyes:

adele1985
12-04-2012, 04:02 PM
i have my contract of care and registration forms in one arch lever files (one plastic wallet per child)

The all about me (1 a4 size sheet) is kept at the front of the development files (each child has their own file) i also have all the permission slips and consent forms in this file at the front before all the childs work and observations

silvermist
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
I have an all about me single sheet which the parents fill in. This goes in the front of their Learning Journal.

All the contract and signed permissions etc go in a family folder to which I add copies of any further letters or updated paperwork for this family.

Each family has their own folder. This then makes it easy if the family want to check something because it maintains confidentiality.

Then when Ofsted come I just remove the copy of the Contract from each folder as it is none of their business to see it. However they may need to see signed permissions etc.

Im liking that idea RS, thanks everyone for replies x

miffy
12-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I have a file for every family with contracts, permissions etc in (all the confidential stuff so can be locked away). Then a Lj for those children in the Eyfs

Miffy xx

silvermist
12-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Great thanks Miffy :thumbsup:

flowerpots
12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I do the same as rickysmiths and miffy. :thumbsup:

silvermist
12-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Well I'll be a copycat and do just that too! :laughing::laughing:

VINASOL
12-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I keep everything in one place per family too....absoultely everything to do with their child/children's care goes in...attendance forms, contracts, their child record form, medication forms, incidents, correspondence, accidents, invoices/statements and misc stuff...the only thing I keep separate is their learning journal. I don't use NCMA stuff rather creating my own. That way, everything is in one place, easy to find and parents can look through with confidentiality.

Makes life - for me, much easier :clapping: