First Aid - renewed every 3 years
CRB - renewed every 3 years

Child protection ? My mind has gone blank
Food hygiene ? Another blank moment

Thank youuuuuuu

tulip0803
12-04-2012, 02:24 PM
At least every 3 years for all of them:thumbsup:

They are becoming very strict on this so we have to make sure we renew with plenty of time.

manjay
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
In actual fact it is only the CRB and First Aid that legally have to be renewed.

The requirement for safeguarding is that you have attended a child protection training course. There is no requirement in either the Childminding and Day Care Regulations 2010 or the NMS that this is renewed. It is however good practice to renew.

For Food Hygiene it states that FSA and Environmental Health requirements are complied with. FSA advice about the legal requirement for courses can be printed out from here (http://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/enforceessential/startingup/childminders/). Your local EH will let you know whether they expect it to be renewed in your area. Again it is good practice to do so.

I would argue very strongly with any inspector who tried to tell me otherwise:D

aly
12-04-2012, 04:55 PM
My food hygiene ran out in march, and my renewal is in may, i rang cssiw as my cm friend said that I probably wont be aloowed to offer foods with out an uptodate cert, but the bloke told me what manjay said and good practise not compulsory.:D

Ms WG
12-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Thank you all. Its what I thought it was - just completely doubted myself.

I've been naughty this year and my photography business has overtaken everything, even though I'm still childminding full time but my paper work has slid somewhat. Trying to get it all back up to scratch........

Demonjill
12-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Up here things are bit different so im not much help

But i do have blonde moments......and im not even blonde:D:laughing:

tulip0803
13-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Ooohhh! Both Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion are saying they have to be every 3 years and they are all checke on inspection. Ceredigion have even been told that their child protection will need to be childminder specific from now on (they provide free courses at the moment so the childminders aren't too fussed).

stargazer1
21-04-2012, 06:54 AM
how do we find out about child protection courses etc? Through CSSIW or NCMA?

tulip0803
21-04-2012, 01:23 PM
how do we find out about child protection courses etc? Through CSSIW or NCMA?

The Family Information service of your local council will normally tell you about these.

specks4
22-04-2012, 05:56 PM
How do you go about renewing your CRB's as i didnt know you had to. Had inspection 2010 and they didnt say anything about it.

tulip0803
22-04-2012, 06:46 PM
How do you go about renewing your CRB's as i didnt know you had to. Had inspection 2010 and they didnt say anything about it.

Childminders in Wales have to renew their CRBs every 3 years. Childminders in England don't. If you are in England don't worry.

specks4
23-04-2012, 01:21 PM
ohh thankyou, didnt think i had to but was worried things had changed and i didnt know.:)

Tazmin68
30-04-2012, 07:28 PM
it sound that each local authority is different. I am in Birmingham and yes CRB and first aid is compulsary every 3 years.

Safeguarding and Food Hygeine is every 2 years.

But I think that this is because Birmingham was graded inadequate so theu are making us do more so it looks good for them next time Ofsted look at them as a local authority.