PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted and Variations

jumping j
12-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Does anyone have a rough idea of how long Ofsted are taking to reply to requests for variations, last time I only waited a week but I'm guessing it will be longer this time because of the bank holiday weekend!

breezy
12-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Will be longer because of holiday, but if its urgent give them a ring and gee them up!

summerellie
12-04-2012, 09:35 AM
hi! have no idea how to use this thing,so sorry if ive written something in the wrong place.Im a mum of two and is looking at becoming a childminder,just wanted some advice or someone telling me where to start and what to do ha! im not qualified or anyting so assuming i have to do some sort of course.Thankyou Rachel

tinkerbelle
12-04-2012, 12:00 PM
i applied for my variation on the 3rd january 2012 and im still waiting due to me being attacked in the street and getting the police

loocyloo
12-04-2012, 12:10 PM
i applied for my variation on the 3rd january 2012 and im still waiting due to me being attacked in the street and getting the police

ooo goodness, hope you are ok.

phone ofsted and chase your variation.

i had my last one within a week...emailed 16th march, granted 19th march, back to me a couple of days later BUT, they'd missed a child off :rolleyes: so only granted half the variation, so i rang and they changed it there and then new certificate arrived within a couple of days.

i usually tell ofsted that i need the variation to start within a few weeks, or in fact, my last one, i needed to know within 2 weeks, as mum needed to know she had care sorted before accepting a college place!

good luck OP and tinkerbelle

jumping j
12-04-2012, 01:11 PM
thanks, i told them I needed it by the 16th April:blush:,
I'll see if I hear anything tomorrow and if not I'll chase them up

miffy
12-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Did you post it or email it?

Miffy xx

~Grasshopper~
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
just phone or email.

i had a variation 2 weeks ago that took about 5 days. on wed i phoned for a variation for the next day and they granted it over the phone within 2 mins. i was amazed :)

x

jumping j
13-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Did you post it or email it?

Miffy xx

I emailed it, had the confirmation of reciept through within an hour of sending it.

miffy
13-04-2012, 07:25 AM
I'd chase them up then if you need it for Monday.

I emailed Ofsted on Tuesday (not a variation) had an acknowledgement but no reply yet.

Miffy xx

2kidsunder5
13-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Mine came within 3 weeks of asking and wasn't urgent. Unless it is urgent it can take upto 6 weeks. However if you have put a date on of when you need it by it should come through in time.

Give them a call x

mr man
13-04-2012, 10:46 AM
thanks, i told them I needed it by the 16th April:blush:,
I'll see if I hear anything tomorrow and if not I'll chase them up

I'm the same here, i need one for 16th and I'm going round in circles. rang on Tuesday to follow it up, and told to EM it again with emergency and urgent in the subject line. i did this and just rang them now and told that its not classed as an emergency ( teacher training) even though i was told to do that. :rolleyes:

I've emailed parents who are in Italy at the minute to let them know.

the annoying thing is my DH is down as my assistant ( last inspector did it) and said once hes done his 1st aid then he can work alongside me. he done course in Feb . its daft, i have all parents permissions and they all happy for DH to work with me, even my sister here has her 1st aid too ( but not down as assistant just added safety)

does anyone ever actually get through to the variation team? i cant seem to get past the 1st guy.

jumping j
20-04-2012, 01:48 PM
after a bit of chasing, Ofsted rang me twice today at 11.40am and 12.40pm, do they not think that I might be slightly busy around these times?!?!

I rang them back at 1pm and was on hold for 40mins:eek:

finally spoke to a real person and had my variation confirmed for 3 reasons, I already had one in place for 4 EYFS from 6 weeks ago, the lo I need the variation for is my nephew and I cared for him until 6 weeks ago.

She also said it was helped by the fact that the variation is dependent on shift work so it wont always be needed
:clapping::laughing::clapping:
Happy now as was dreading them ringing and saying no

hullabaloo
20-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I have always been really lucky with variations, they have all come through within 1-2 weeks. I always ring after emailing to explain again that its urgent and needs sorting quickly , and have always got through to talk to an inspector which speeds things up as they can grant it over the phone and the certificate arrives the following day. The last variation took ages to write down as it involved quite a few children with times and days all over the place, it took hours to fill it out. Only for then an inspector to phone me back as it needed to be done quickly, she said 'can u tell me over the phone all the childrens birth dates, days , times etc .... as she hadnt got the form in front of her!!!!! What a wasted 2 hours of my time filling it out !!! At least i got the variation though !

von x

jumping j
20-04-2012, 04:00 PM
The last variation took ages to write down as it involved quite a few children with times and days all over the place, it took hours to fill it out. Only for then an inspector to phone me back as it needed to be done quickly, she said 'can u tell me over the phone all the childrens birth dates, days , times etc .... as she hadnt got the form in front of her!!!!! What a wasted 2 hours of my time filling it out !!! At least i got the variation though !

von x

Mine was like this, I have 2 parents on shift work and 2 lo's that are ad hoc care, one full time mornings, one 2 days a week and 1 4 days a week. Then 2 after schoolies
It's complicated enough for me to balance and organise let alone trying to explain to someone over the phone. I sent off a detailed grid with times and days on, the Ofsted one didn't have enough spaces for the shift patterns :laughing:
it's taken them 2 weeks, which isn't so bad considering it's been over the easter weekend

miffy
20-04-2012, 04:12 PM
At least you've got it sorted and 2 weeks is not bad with Easter in between.

I am still waiting for an answer to my email 10 days later! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx