PDA

View Full Version : start a new child when ofsted are visiting?

jadavi
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
A new client wants to start with me with her 16 week baby the day Ofsted are registering me for the first time. She is a teacher and needs me on that day. I will already have my regular 3 other kids...do you think I should put her off? I hate to do that for no good reason as she will be inconvenienced without a minder....

blue bear
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM
No reason not to start lo really, ofsted come to see a normal day and starting new children is normal. Might add to the stress though!

The Juggler
11-04-2012, 09:43 PM
although not ideal, i would also start it. explain to Mrs O when she arrives that you have a new baby starting and you may not be able to give her your full attention so if there is anything that doesn't get covered in the meeting could she ring you to discuss later.

Hopefully new LO will be happy and settled and you'll hear all her questions :thumbsup:

mama2three
12-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Or contact the inspector and say you have a new baby starting that day , would she prefer to see you when you have more time to focus on the inspection?

VeggieSausage
12-04-2012, 12:50 PM
when O phoned me I had a new little one starting and she purposefully didn't come on those days as I said may be unfair on an unsettled lo and she agreed.....so I would call them :)

2kidsunder5
12-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I personally would ring and explain you have a new baby starting that day, she will probably reschedule. I was told by my co ordinator that if you are settling a baby or little one in then you can ask ofsted to come at a different time. Guess it depends on the inspector though?

rickysmiths
12-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I had a similar situation last summer and Ofsted delayed a week or so to allow a new mindee a little settling time.

If not would one of your other parents perhaps help by taking a day off so you at least only have three of them?

miffy
12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
If you don't want to let this parent down then I would definitely call Ofsted and see if you can rearrange your inspection otherwise this will just add to the stress.

Miffy xx