PDA

View Full Version : Wikisticks

sillysausage
11-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I got a bumper pack of wikisticks (along with instructions for making lots of creatures) from The Works, but we are really struggling to get the wikisticks to stick together or stay rolled up. Does anyone have any suggestions as my 5 to 11yr old mindees were getting a bit frustrated today

loocyloo
11-04-2012, 07:39 PM
:( i've never been able to get them to work either! we did try warming them in our hands first, but still didn't stick together very well.

think i threw ours away ( or they got used in collages ;) with glue! )

blue bear
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
We had some from tesco worked fine, needded to be thinned down to single strips but other than that no problems. Not much help sorry.

sillysausage
12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Ours are getting put to other craft uses too (flower stems). We have been fully separating them and we've tried warming them in our hands and on the radiator without success.
The best we've managed is by dowsing them in pva glue as soon as they're finished twisting and curling them, but that sort of defeats the object of them, however it's the only way to get eyes and mouths and fins and wings etc to stay stuck on.
Glad I didn't pay much for them. Doesn't seem that long ago that they were the newest 'in thing', along with that moldable stuff which was basically tiny polystyrene beads in a sort of gel stuff (also rubbish)

silvermist
12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
What on earth are wikisticks? never heard of them!:blush:

miffy
12-04-2012, 04:27 PM
What on earth are wikisticks? never heard of them!:blush:

I'm guessing they're like bendaroos - sticks that you can model with without needing glue, if they work that is :laughing:

Miffy xx

silvermist
12-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm guessing they're like bendaroos - sticks that you can model with without needing glue, if they work that is :laughing:

Miffy xx

Bendaroos!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh dear I really need to get out more!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

miffy
12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Bendaroos!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh dear I really need to get out more!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Get yourself down to the works or home bargains, no excuses now! :D

Miffy xx

silvermist
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I will, Ive got some of those weird maize thingys that stick together with water! I feel another little shopping trip is on the cards!:laughing::laughing:

miffy
12-04-2012, 04:42 PM
I will, Ive got some of those weird maize thingys that stick together with water! I feel another little shopping trip is on the cards!:laughing::laughing:

I can't touch them they make me feel all funny :panic: easy for lo's though.

Miffy xx

silvermist
12-04-2012, 04:44 PM
I can't touch them they make me feel all funny :panic: easy for lo's though.

Miffy xx

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

sillysausage
12-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Those weird maize thingies...what a (expensive) waste of money those were lol! anything more than a drop of water and they 'melt' into nothing

silvermist
12-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Those weird maize thingies...what a (expensive) waste of money those were lol! anything more than a drop of water and they 'melt' into nothing

Oh no, dont tell me that they are still in a box unopened! I did however get given them so if they are rubbish i wont have wasted any money! ;)

What are wikisticks? :blush:

samb
12-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Oh no bendaroos are awful things! I bought some for my dd for xmas - she is 6 and loves craft things so wanted to get her something different. They are so hard to stay together and remain together even when I am helping. Of course she wants to keep it but doesn't actually want to use them :rolleyes:

silvermist
12-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Oh no bendaroos are awful things! I bought some for my dd for xmas - she is 6 and loves craft things so wanted to get her something different. They are so hard to stay together and remain together even when I am helping. Of course she wants to keep it but doesn't actually want to use them :rolleyes:

What are bendaroos???????

singingcactus
13-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Ours are brilliant. The kids use them mostly on the lounge or kitchen door, using the door as an easel. The love them, and they stick no worries. We've had them for years now, just as good now as before.

For anyone who is wondering, they are short lengths of string coated in a coloured waxy substance. You can bend them and stick them to surfaces and each other......or not if you get a bad batch by the sounds of it lol. Mine are fab though.

louise
13-04-2012, 06:20 PM
We love magic Maize, I got a started kit and if you just dab them on the sponge they are fine. We have made models, stuck the to paper all sorts. I got Christmas pictures from Baker ross as which they love.

silvermist
13-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Ours are brilliant. The kids use them mostly on the lounge or kitchen door, using the door as an easel. The love them, and they stick no worries. We've had them for years now, just as good now as before.

For anyone who is wondering, they are short lengths of string coated in a coloured waxy substance. You can bend them and stick them to surfaces and each other......or not if you get a bad batch by the sounds of it lol. Mine are fab though.

Finally, Thank you SingingCactus! Now I know what they are, I shall be looking out for them now! :clapping:

samb
13-04-2012, 09:15 PM
What are bendaroos???????
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bendaroos-60...4351653&sr=8-3 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UYAXN2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=childminding-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B003UYAXN2)

This is the set I bought my dd - although I paid full price! Grrr! Wouldn't even buy it at this reduced price! They are just waxy covered string sticks.