PDA

View Full Version : P and T's, which model?

ChocolateChip
11-04-2012, 03:45 PM
After reading various threads and looking at different models I am watching several P and T doubles on Ebay.
Could I ask you lovely lot for any preferences as to which models you have
Thanks!

onceinabluemoon
11-04-2012, 05:06 PM
i have had the sport v2, the vibe v1 and the new explorer.

personally i found the vibe gave me rsi, was very heavy and awkward. folding it with both seats on is possible but is a bit of an art, I hated that the crutch strap connecters came right at crotch height and I felt uncomfortable about poking around in 'that area' trying to get straps connected etc when they are not my children.

the sport, for me, was the best of the three but still ludicrously heavy to have in toddler on top mode. In inline mode at best both seats recline slightly and then only until the one in the back is about 6 months old (pathetic since the seat is not suitable until they are 6 months old...) so they have to have it sat up and then it makes their heads loll around. Original sports have fingers trips in them somewhere but not sure where. V2 had this bit removed or protected somehow. Cannot be folded with 2nd seat on back.

Explorer, mine had the hood continuously popping off which drive me crazy, it was harder to push than the sport which was disappointing since theoretically they have the same frame, but the explorer is weighted differently. It doesn't tip back on slopes which the sport does, downsides the seat has no recline at all and seems closer to the front seat than on the sport and vibe. P&T have sorted out the hoods now, so thats an improvement. The buggy cannot be folded with 2nd seat in back, but I think it can with it on top (never tried).

With all three of them you will have complete strangers comment on how horrid it is for the child in back as they can't see. I used to answer them with the rear seat in a car analogy.

Now I have a Britax b dual, its slightly harder to push but can't get punctures, both seats recline fully at the same time and the top can face mum/minder. Massive shopping basket. It has suspension on both seats. Can be folded with both seats in place. The 2011 model comes with adaptors to bring the top seat further forward giving the toddler in back more room. I prefer it to all the phil and teds except for the fact it takes up more room to store and seems massive when you first get it.

Hope that helps :)

loopyloopy
11-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I love my vibe double, had the e3 sport previously and that was great too :thumbsup:

Shar
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I have the sport, got mine on eBay forĀ£140 last year. Love it, can push with one hand easily even with two kids on board! The wrist strap is great for older kid to hold on to. Best pushchair I have ever had! :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
explorer for me,....all in my trademark black. I have the doubles kit and the "blazing saddles" panniers. they are ace!

i love this buggy...i bought it new (cost a small fortune) but i know it will last me for ages and if i ever need to replace it i will with exactly the same.

i love the whole thing.....and so do the mindees!

mandy xxxx

ChocolateChip
13-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks everyone!
Bluemoon, hadn't thought of the Britax so thankyou for all your info! :thumbsup:

~Grasshopper~
13-04-2012, 05:06 PM
i sold my vibe as it was chunky and heavy and now have a sport which i love :)

mummyMia
15-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I have a combination of two models, which works very well. I have the Explorer buggy but with the Hammerhead second seat on the back. I bought the Hammerhead seat because it has a slight recline, which the Explorer seat doesn't have. It doesn't recline very far, just enough to stop the child's head from falling forwards. When the bottom seat is reclined there is enough space to recline the top seat very slightly too. I have had two children happily asleep in it several times. :)