PDA

View Full Version : level 3 HELP??

lucyD
11-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Trying to get on a level 3 diploma but I have no mindees as yet..reg in Jan! Have one on my books but doesn't start until November.

I have now spoken to someone in Adult ed & she thinks I may be able to get round it by using friends LO's & start a learning journal etc for my mindee that starts in Nov.(who is my neighbour & good friend) I have no idea what the course involves but really want to do it before funding runs out as otherwise its an £1800 course. Any ideas if I can do this or do I really need to wait until I have 2 mindees actually started. I am confident in the knowledge I have although I have no "official" previous childcare experience or qualifications, my family members are in childcare & I have a son & lots of nieces/nephews, friends with children as well as self taught childcare knowlege!

Your thoughts on this would be great... thank you

karen m
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM
I recently started my level 3,first appointment last week.I was asked if i was actually minding at the moment,i am ,no mention of how many i had to be looking after,assessor went through plenty with me and said although it is easier to start at beginning and work through there maybe times when i may want to leave some parts and go back later,so i would think if you did this you could return to differant parts later. I would just ask ,it maybe some time before your initial visit from assessor.

funemnx
11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm nearly finished my Level 3. My assessor made appointments with me to do observations of me with children but only 2 or 3 times was necessary for the whole course - 1 child is enough. Most of the written work, you don't need to have children to answer the questions. The assessor will work with you to arrange observation appointments at a time when you will have a child (so you could leave them until November). A lot of the other appointments were professional discussions which you dont need children there for, so I think you could do it as long as the college were aware and agreed to it. :thumbsup:

lucyD
14-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Thats wonderful thank you for that. I am desperate to do it this year before funding funs out as no way could I afford £1800! cheers :)

The Juggler
14-04-2012, 08:23 AM
i don't think it would be a problem hon. I did the degree course and a fellow student worked in Year 1 and 2 so she visited friends in nurseries and me to do her obs.:thumbsup:

lucyD
14-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Ok thanks, my SIL is a supervisor at a pre-school so she said she can help me as well! Keeping everything crossed as I am sure there won't be funding next year, or even later in the year. I am hoping to eventually become accredited but thats a long way off..I am very keen.. Just need some mindees!! Where are they lol:panic: