PDA

View Full Version : any ideas????

adele1985
11-04-2012, 09:43 AM
I have a mindee today hes 5 i have him all week yesterday was fine as he had another mindee to play with and they played so nicey together all day as well as doing planned actitivites (making short bread and painting pictures)

he is very shy and dosent really speak he nods, shakes his head or gives 1 world answers to anything i ask him

hes very happy to just watch tv but im board lol

so far we have played in the playroom playing snakes and ladders (me having a one way converstation with one word answers in response:rolleyes:)

I made some gloop for him to explore (he was not impressed and said he dosent like to get messy the activity lasted 5 mins if that lol

The weather is not good today so cant really go anywhere

Any suggestions

Its going to be a long day i think lol

rickysmiths
11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Lego
Playmoblie
Connex
Jigsaws
Uno
Sorry
Ludo
Junior Scrabble
Snap
Greedy Gorilla
Teddy Bears Picnic
Planting seeds to grow
Baking make a pizza for lunch having been to the shops for the ingredients
Colouring
Wheels and Gears
Play Dough
Clay
Dressing Up
Boo Pens
Tie Dye a tee shirt
Make a collage picture
make a tree to stick on the wall, I use the brown paper that comes as packing in parcels to make the trunk and branches. You can then make Spring Blossom, Leaves, Spiders for Halloween, Christmas decorations, snow etc. I had my last one up for a year and went through all the seasons and festivals with all the children making things. We started by collecting autumn leaves and we made some we also added small cones and twigs that were gathered on walks.

Swimming
Soft play
Museum
Cinema and out to lunch treat
ride on a bus or train with a lunch treat

I love having ones of this age on their own because it is an excuse to go out and do things with them that I couldn't do with babies and toddlers in tow. My two loved it when they were that age as well because they got to go out and do different things.

silvermist
11-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Lego
Playmoblie
Connex
Jigsaws
Uno
Sorry
Ludo
Junior Scrabble
Snap
Greedy Gorilla
Teddy Bears Picnic
Planting seeds to grow
Baking make a pizza for lunch having been to the shops for the ingredients
Colouring
Wheels and Gears
Play Dough
Clay
Dressing Up
Boo Pens
Tie Dye a tee shirt
Make a collage picture
make a tree to stick on the wall, I use the brown paper that comes as packing in parcels to make the trunk and branches. You can then make Spring Blossom, Leaves, Spiders for Halloween, Christmas decorations, snow etc. I had my last one up for a year and went through all the seasons and festivals with all the children making things. We started by collecting autumn leaves and we made some we also added small cones and twigs that were gathered on walks.

Swimming
Soft play
Museum
Cinema and out to lunch treat
ride on a bus or train with a lunch treat

Crikey! Can I come and play RS?:laughing::laughing:

rickysmiths
11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Crikey! Can I come and play RS?:laughing::laughing:

You are more than welcome Tinks. Is it a wonder my dh keeps asking me to have a cull :laughing::laughing:

silvermist
11-04-2012, 02:02 PM
You are more than welcome Tinks. Is it a wonder my dh keeps asking me to have a cull :laughing::laughing:

:laughing: hmmmm I wonder!! Seriously though youve given loads of brilliant ideas there. That should keep him busy for a least a month! ;)

rickysmiths
11-04-2012, 02:11 PM
:laughing: hmmmm I wonder!! Seriously though youve given loads of brilliant ideas there. That should keep him busy for a least a month! ;)

The trouble is I have never got rid of any of my children's toys or games and I have added to them over the years. My two were 11mths and 2 when I started and are now 17 and 19, so lots of years adding!!!

silvermist
11-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Blimey, you must have acres of storage! I cant imagine why your dh mentions the cull word now and then!:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
11-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Blimey, you must have acres of storage! I cant imagine why your dh mentions the cull word now and then!:rolleyes:

3 wide ikea Billy Bookshelves down a hall, 2 in the playroom, one high and one low trofast and a 6' x8' shed! :laughing: oh and a bit of the attic :blush:

silvermist
11-04-2012, 02:32 PM
3 wide ikea Billy Bookshelves down a hall, 2 in the playroom, one high and one low trofast and a 6' x8' shed! :laughing: oh and a bit of the attic :blush:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: