PDA

View Full Version : early years grants

jumpinjen
31-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if all early years teams make people jump through hoops to apply for the early years grant to set up, or do most people not have them??

We already had to put togteher a business plan and now they have rejected that and said that we have to provide evidence of research that we have done that proves that there is a need for our service i.e. we should have got parrents to fill out questionnaires at the school gates etc and they want all th resluts anjd ay names and addresses of people who showed an interest in usingus as a minder.

They're driving me mad..... I've got enough to do to organise all the policies etc and finish jobs round the house that need doing!

Jenni x:mad:

jaja
31-05-2008, 09:45 PM
dont know what to say but good luck and i understand how frustrating it can be, good luck xxxxx:littleangel:

FizzysFriends
31-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Is that the start up grant? I haven't had to do anything but tick some boxes on a form saying what I think I might buy with it. I hope to get my cheque this week so I can start getting things.

Good luck with it, may be you can get some friends from the school gates to do them for you.

chez1373
31-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I never had to do this either....
I had to tick boxs too very strange indeed..
Good luck with it though.

angeldelight
01-06-2008, 12:15 AM
I have never heard of this

I know start up grants depend on the area you live some get it some do not which I think is unfair

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx

miffy
01-06-2008, 07:21 AM
I think it is a bit much asking for prospective parents names and addresses - if I was approached I wouldn't be happy to give my details for this.

Talk about jumping through hoops - could you talk to a development officer and see if they could support your application?

I think it's unfair too that some areas give this grant and some do not - should be something everyone gets

Hope you get it sorted

miffy xx

manjay
01-06-2008, 07:44 AM
I was given a start up grant and I am sure the grant is provided the same to all childminders in Wales. Mine paid for my ICP, First Aid, Food Hygiene,my NCMA membership and insurance. I then had a further £300 available that I had to provide receipts for and it was reimbursed. It was to be used for safety equipment, multicultural things etc.

My husband used to work in a business support role and says what you are being asked to do is what most business's are required to do to get start up grants. just seems unfair that everyone is not treated the same.

Hope you get it sorted

disney
01-06-2008, 10:24 AM
sorry do you mean the start up grant ? as i have not had a early years grant only the start up grant . but i didnt have any trouble with this it was easy and quick , i had no trouble from this . sorry yiu are having some problems :)

jumpinjen
03-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi, yes it is the start up grant, but we are only able to have specific items of safety equipment with it and even then we cannot choose and buy them, we have to have them provided by early years, we don't actually get a cheque.

Anything like multicultural materials we have to fund ourselves, they do pay for the mandatory training we need though, although it isn't available til september and new EYFS documnet says we need first aid at point of registration so not sure how to get round that one!

I'm thinking of just bypassing the whole grant process and paying myself cos people have offered me fire blanket and other items, who used to choild mind and don't anymore, and i just can't be bothered with the power-hungry witch anymore!!!

Thanks for the support guys!!

Jenni x