PDA

View Full Version : Something I saw at soft play today

kellib
10-04-2012, 06:31 PM
A parent took their child's potty into the baby & toddler play area! :eek: My mindee kept going for it, at first I wasn't sure whose it was or why it was there but then heard a parent saying 'oh so and so remember if you need a pee your potty is over there in the corner!' :eek:

Did inform the staff when I was leaving, not sure if they were going to do anything about it but hopefully they did and it wasn't just me that found it disgusting!

Feel free to add your own 'something I saw' :laughing:

silvermist
10-04-2012, 06:32 PM
:eek: Some people! :eek::eek:

mushpea
10-04-2012, 06:42 PM
i hate those soft play areas, when mine were little we went to one and there were areas where you couldnt see the kids and one older lad asked my 4yrold to pull her pants down so he could see :eek:, we walked out and never went back and I will never got to one of those places again unless i know I can see all the children all the time.

Mouse
10-04-2012, 07:09 PM
A parent took their child's potty into the baby & toddler play area! :eek: My mindee kept going for it, at first I wasn't sure whose it was or why it was there but then heard a parent saying 'oh so and so remember if you need a pee your potty is over there in the corner!' :eek:

Did inform the staff when I was leaving, not sure if they were going to do anything about it but hopefully they did and it wasn't just me that found it disgusting!

Feel free to add your own 'something I saw' :laughing:

Probably better than having the child peeing all over the soft play area :p

nikki thomson
10-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi, taking a potty with you I don't have an issue with but really abit of privacy surely would be nice for the lo, I wouldn't want my own children having a wee in the middle of a soft play area but to take them
Into the loo then fine.
Years ago I was in a very busy park on a sat and there was a family there with a new born baby and a toddler who looked about 2 and he was screaming, they had the potty out in the middle of the park and were really cross with him saying if you don't sit on the potty and do a wee your not going on the train, I felt so sorry for the little lad as there were lots of woods around we're I thought they could of taken him so he wasn't in the middle if a crowd of people.
Each to there own and all that but I really think abit of privacy is nice. X

kellib
10-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi, taking a potty with you I don't have an issue with but really abit of privacy surely would be nice for the lo, I wouldn't want my own children having a wee in the middle of a soft play area but to take them
Into the loo then fine.
Years ago I was in a very busy park on a sat and there was a family there with a new born baby and a toddler who looked about 2 and he was screaming, they had the potty out in the middle of the park and were really cross with him saying if you don't sit on the potty and do a wee your not going on the train, I felt so sorry for the little lad as there were lots of woods around we're I thought they could of taken him so he wasn't in the middle if a crowd of people.
Each to there own and all that but I really think abit of privacy is nice. X

Exactly, fair enough take the potty with you but not on the actual play equipment! Plus the toilet is literally 5 yards away from the baby/toddler entrance so it wouldn't take ages to take the LO to the toilet!

Each to their own indeed but not something I would do!