PDA

View Full Version : Driving me potty!!

mama2three
10-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Ive looked through the countless potty training threads , and Ive given advice on a few of them - but latest mindee has come today after a long weekend off , wearing pants.
Shes happy to sit on the potty - would prob sit for hours if Id let her! But if / when she actually does a wee she gets incredibly distressed , really sobbing. the second time she was even putting her hands in as if she was trying to stop it coming out.
This is a new one on me , have to say Im stumped! have looked through a few sites today whilst she slept but not found anything relevant. any ideas? parents will Im sure ask my advice and I havent a clue what to say!

watgem
10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
what about blowing bubbles for her while she sits? or letting her blow bubbles or look at a book? sorry never had this before but have used them for distractions:)

sarah707
10-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Is it stinging or hurting do you think?

Hugs for the little one xx

BucksCM
10-04-2012, 04:56 PM
That was my first thought too:(

rickysmiths
10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I would advise going to the doctor for a urine test to check for infection.

blue bear
10-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Does she cry when she wets in her nappy or is it just the potty, is she just scared about what is coming out of her?
If doc gives the all clear I'd say put her back in nappies and try again in a few weeks, she needs to be emotionally ready for this big change as well as physically.
Another thought a liitle man I trained was too frightened to sit and wee and so ended up training stood up, more difficult for a girl but possible.

mama2three
10-04-2012, 05:41 PM
i dont believe its an infection / stinging etc - she isnt upset when weeing in nappy . Its almost as if shes panicing , but unsure whether to advise parents to leave it a while then try again rather than upset her further , or to keep trying for a few days incase she just needs to 'get used to' the feeling of weeing without her nappy on.

miffy
10-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Could it be the noise it makes going into the potty that's frightening her or is it slashing onto her skin (sorry too much info)

Miffy xx

2kidsunder5
10-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Ok, I know this may sound mad but I looked after a child a few years ago and the sound of her doing a wee on the potty really upset her. We sang rhymes whilse she was on and also put toilet roll in the potty so she couldn't hear it. It did work and she soon got over the stress of it.

Good luck x