PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journey help please

Two Princesses
10-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I have a mindee who's 5 next month and he attends for 2 approx hours daily term time only since the start of Jan 2012 (3 months less half term and easter plus one weeks holiday).
How much would you expect to see in a learning journey for him?
I have my first graded inspection next week and am really panicking as I didn't know I had to do an LJ for him, I assumed as he was at full time school I wouldn't have to. This will teach me to read properly!
Also I'm settling in an 8 month old baby but so far she has only attended for 2 mornings and I assume (but being aware that I've made this mistake before!) I wouldn't be expected to have anything for her yet?

All advice and help welcome :D

mama2three
10-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Fot the baby , just some notes on 'starting points' so you know what stages they are at and where to go next..maybe a couple of next steps too ..mainly pse and to do with settling. Notes from parents as to what the babies routines , likes dislikes etc ..

For the 5 year old.. have you taken any photos? Look back at them , write a couple of notes and links related to them.
Speak to him about his likes and what he enjoys with you. Try and link it back into what youve been doing...
Think about how your routines ( school run , snacks, handwashing...) link into eyfs..
See if you can get hold of the schools planning , or newsletters. Show how youve taken these into account..maybe followed something up for example? He came back telling you about x,y,z so you googled it together , printed out some pics to colour , found an online related game...whatever!
that should be loads for 3 months!

Two Princesses
11-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Thank you :)
I've looked back through photos and I only have a couple so will write up some notes on those. I also have the school planning for the Spring term and will did activities around those (but no photos) so will add that too.
Crash course in LJ's! I just need to get started and I'm sure after that I'll be fine!! :D
x

nokidshere
11-04-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't do LJ's for children in full time school. The school is the main carer and its their responsibility to do it.

My after schoolies don't have to do anything here if they dont want to. Sometimes they draw but mostly they just play out or watch tv.

funemnx
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I always thought Ofsted only needed to see LJ's for the children actually present during the inspection? But I might be wrong!

I'm sure it'll be fine, it's a bit like the gym - great when it's over! :laughing:

Two Princesses
11-04-2012, 05:41 PM
funemnx - my schoolies will be the only mindees I have when Mrs O is here. She is coming next Tuesday afternoon and has told me the time she will be here (just before 2) and that she will sit in her car until I am back from the school run and come back in to inspect some more :)
I think I'd rather do a weeks worth of sessions in the gym in one go than the inspection :panic: