moon sand/kinetic sand - any good?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,153
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default moon sand/kinetic sand - any good?

    we used to love moonsand here and I wanted to buy some more, but I can't seem to get it anywhere. Have they stopped making it?

    Has anyone tried kinetic sand? Is it similar? It seems expensive.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,611
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    I make 'cloud dough' which I think is similar to moon sand ...

    I think I got the recipe from imagination tree ... But I use 8 cups flour with 1 cup oil ...veg/baby/whatever and a bit of scent.

    It's great ...But goes everywhere!

  3. Likes Maza liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    324
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Haven't heard of moon sand but bought kinetic sand for my grandaughter who loved it. Got in from toysRus so maybe they do the moon sand?

  5. Likes Maza liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,153
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks guys. I actually saw some moonsand on amazon just after I wrote the post but they definitely don't seem to stock as many lovely colours as they used to.

    Yes, I made it a coupe of times too using that recipe. Might do that again. x

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,048
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    we used to love moonsand here and I wanted to buy some more, but I can't seem to get it anywhere. Have they stopped making it?

    Has anyone tried kinetic sand? Is it similar? It seems expensive.
    Did you ever buy or try any kinetic sand Maza? x

  8. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,153
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Did you ever buy or try any kinetic sand Maza? x
    I didn't! Just never got round to it and I think the price put me off. Are you considering getting some? I think my 8 yr old would still love it but we haven't got a birthday coming up. Let me know if you get some and what you think of it. x

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1
    Non childminder member
    Business
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes, we find it very similar.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,153
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Did you ever buy or try any kinetic sand Maza? x
    I bought some mumofone!

    I always buy something new going into the Summer holidays and this year I chose kinetic sand. It is expensive - I just bought a smallish 'packet' for indoor play/small world scenes. DD (8) loves it. It is different to moonsand (which we used to love and I am convinced no longer exists) and different to regular sand. It's almost a bit gooey and a bit like sinking sand - but less messy than regular sand and so good for small scale indoor play. I got regular sand colour as wanted to do a bit of a seaside (and then pirate) theme. We will get another colour for birthday/Christmas.

    I would recommend it, but it's not essential, as regular sand is much cheaper, but it is a fun, but expensive alternative.

  11. Likes FloraDora liked this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,048
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I bought some mumofone!

    I always buy something new going into the Summer holidays and this year I chose kinetic sand. It is expensive - I just bought a smallish 'packet' for indoor play/small world scenes. DD (8) loves it. It is different to moonsand (which we used to love and I am convinced no longer exists) and different to regular sand. It's almost a bit gooey and a bit like sinking sand - but less messy than regular sand and so good for small scale indoor play. I got regular sand colour as wanted to do a bit of a seaside (and then pirate) theme. We will get another colour for birthday/Christmas.

    I would recommend it, but it's not essential, as regular sand is much cheaper, but it is a fun, but expensive alternative.
    Aw thanks Maza, its on my "to buy" list - i'm trying to be good and hold off buying resources at the minute - even my postman has noticed ;-0

    Will definitely give it a go. x

  13. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
moon sand/kinetic sand - any good? moon sand/kinetic sand - any good? moon sand/kinetic sand - any good?

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk